Pages

Saturday 30 June 2012

Review: Fallen Angel by Eden Bradley



Title: Fallen Angel
Author: Eden Bradley
Series: N/A
Publication Date: 19th June 2012










Warning: I only recommend this book for readers age 18 and over.

My Synopsis:
Declan watches as a naked woman falls from the sky, he feels compulsed to touch her and already feels a strange connection to her. He vows to stay with her in hospital and find out who did this to her. When she wakes in hospital it is clear something terrible has been going on in her life, she talks of the Grandmother and Asmodeus, the only 2 people she ever saw. She has deep cuts down her shoulders and tattoos on her hands. She also claims she has never had a name. As she is a Jane Doe, Declan decides to take her in and help her. Declan has many issues of his own to work through and still feels a strange connection to her.

Why I picked this book up:
I thought it was a paranormal romance which I can be a bit partial to. I’ve read quite a few fallen angel stories, but the angel is usually a guy and a normal girl (or one who doesn’t know she is special) falls for him, this one looked like it was the other way round so I looked forward to a change.

Did it live up to my expectations?
Well no, it wasn’t a paranormal romance; it was erotic fiction that was a bit of a shocker.

What I thought:
I haven’t ever really read erotic fiction before, so am not really sure what they would normally read like. I found the sex scenes a bit too much in this story, they seemed to be at it every second, or thinking about it (or she was with Asmodeus, doing the dirty) and to me this was too much, none of it seemed realistic. I also found the swearing a little too much.  I also had issues with how they instantly fell in love (or felt such a strong connection anyway) you would think that someone who had been abused most of their life and not seeing many people, would be wary of anyone new, instead she woke up and immediately wanted sex with Declan and strove to make it her mission.
The story I found interesting, and probably would have enjoyed it had the romance and sex seemed more real. I enjoyed the physiological issues and trying to guess if it was in her mind or real, I enjoyed the mystery aspect too. Overall not something I’d normally read, and if this is anything to go by, will not be reading anymore erotic fiction.

Read if:
Maybe if you like erotic fiction?

Up next for review:
One Moment by Kristina McBride



1 comment:

  1. I normally skip over sex scenes. Because sometimes I really like the story and i don't want them to keep me from the book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...