Pages

Thursday 21 June 2012

Booking through thursday: Quotable



Booking through thursday is a weekly meme hosted by the blog of the same name.

This weeks question:

Do you have a favorite quote from a book?

I have so many, I have to go back through my kindle to put a few here:

From The Chronicles of Narnia by C S Lewis, "Their prison is only in their own minds, yet they are in that prison; and so afraid of being taken in that they cannot be taken out."

From Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, "We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over, so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over."

From Remedy by Heidi C Vlach, "Dying was hard. Not for the person doing it - people died all the time - but for their family and friends, for everyone who had to watch them go."

From Forever in Blue by Ann Brashares, "There as undoubtedly something beautiful in longing and wishing. Their love story stayed perfect because they couldn't have it."

From The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan, "And still, for all the jealousy, all the doubt, sometimes I will be struck woth a kind of awe that we're together. That someone like me could find someone like you - it renders me wordless." 
another one: "There are times when I worry that I've already lost myself. That is, that my self is so inseparable from being with you that if we were to separate, I would no longer be." 
I could go on and on from this book, basically the whole book is one long quote I love!

From As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott, "Love - real love - can't be defined. It just is. It just lives in your heart, like he lives in mine."

And the last one from The Diamond of Darkhold by Jeanne DuPrau, "It wasn't because they had extraordinary powers, really, but because of how well they used the ordinary powers everyone had: the power of courage, the power of kindness, the powers of curiosity and knowledge."

I love how I can save them all in my kindle and read them again anytime I want without the book.

5 comments:

  1. These are all so great! I really like the one from Farenheit 451 and From As I Wake. I'm going to have to read some of these books. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved your quotes!!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my BTT :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the great things about eReaders is the ability to highlight and quickly find favorite quotes. You found so good one.

    My BTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are wonderful quotes!
    I'm a new follower.
    Here's my BTT: http://meganm922.blogspot.com/2012/06/booking-through-thursdayfavorite-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all amazing quotes. Thanks for stopping by yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...