Pages

Thursday 14 June 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Do-Over


Question this week from BTT:

Have you ever bought a book, started reading it and then realised you have already read it? If so, how far did you get? (Can you tell this happened to me for the first time ever this week!?!)

I have done this quite a few times in the past, sometimes by the end I still haven't figured out if I have actually read it or a book like it! It has happened mostly when I used to read Marian Keyes books, especially when the characters were related.
I will continue to read the book if I have forgotten most of it, or if it was a really good book.
However this rarely happens to me now, with the help of Librarything and Goodreads I can keep a list of books I have already read, and since I mostly read on my Kindle Amazon will tell me if I have already downloaded a book (although this doesn't help with old paperbacks I have read.) 

7 comments:

  1. I've done this before. Here's my Thursday meme's
    if you get a chance Check out my Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that I'm now tracking the books I've read...I can quickly check! lol

    Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has never happened to me...yet...
    Here's my answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has never happened to me as of yet, I try to keep a list.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/booking-through-thursday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It happens, I usually realize it soon enough.

    http://theplotthickensbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/booking-through-thursday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's what I love about goodreads. You can just keep track of everything you read and no chance of forgetting either :)

    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/booking-through-thursday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. You've been nominated for a blog award. Find out more here. Participate if you wish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...