Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Review: Saving June by Hannah Harrington







Title: Saving June
Author: Hannah Harrington
Series: n/a
Publication Date: 1st May 2011










My Synopsis:
When Harper’s sister, June, commits suicide, no one can understand why, least of all Harper. When her divorced parents decide to split the ashes, Harper decides to take them to California, the one place June wanted to go after graduation. Before she can work out a way to get there she meets Jake. He won’t tell her how he knew June, but insists on coming along, Harper realises she won’t get anywhere without him and reluctantly lets him come.

Why I picked this book up:
I had read so many raving reviews I decided to give it a try.

Did it live up to my expectations?
Yes.

What I thought:
I really enjoyed this book, the characters felt so real, and although I have never been through what Harper had, I could sympathise and understood why she felt how she did.
The romance part was exactly the way I like it, a nice slow build, it really felt as though they got to know each other and feel in love naturally. I felt so many emotions during this book that it left me a little exhausted! The writing is brilliant, and all the dialogue felt so real. Everything about this book felt real.
Overall I loved this book and would recommend it to others.

My favourite quote/s from the book:
“He took his pain and turned it into something beautiful. Into something that people connect to. And that's what good music does. It speaks to you. It changes you.”

Read if:
You like contemporary YA, you read and enjoyed Crash into Me by Albert Borris

Up next for review:
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
















2 comments:

  1. Yeah, this is on my maybe list. I love the idea, but it sounds kind of depressing/emotionally taxing. I'm waiting to be in the right mood. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the most emotionally taxing book I've read, and luckily there are a few lighter bits in there, but it's certainly not the least either.
      Thansk for stopping by.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...