Pages

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Review: One Moment by Kristina McBride




Title: One Moment
Author: Kristina McBride
Series: N/A
Publication Date: 26th June 2012













My Synopsis:
Maggie is there when her boyfriend, Joey, jumps from the cliff and dies by accident, the only problem is; she can’t remember anything after getting to the top. We see her trying to deal with her grief and trying to remember what happened, along with trying to keep the rest of her group of friends together.

Why I picked this book up:
I love a book that makes me feel, and I was hoping it would do just that.

Did it live up to my expectations?
I didn’t expect this to be as good as it was, so it far exceeded them. It certainly made me feel.

What I thought:
I started this book at 10.30pm, fully intending to only read for half an hour, I turned out my light at 12.30am having just finished the book. I don’t really know what to say about it, except that I loved it. The characters and emotions felt quite real. It was a little predictable, but that didn’t take anything away from the great story, if anything it may have helped because you are waiting for Maggie to catch up with you, but understand why she can’t make her mind go there.

Read if:
I haven’t read it myself, but readers of “Breaking Beautiful” by Jennifer Shaw Wolf may enjoy this. Anyone who enjoys realistic YA fiction should like this. Basically I think everyone should read this, it’s one great book.

Up next for review:
Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...